Thursday 12 March 2015

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday


For this week's Beauty Thursday I chose to show you guys my haul. It is a collective haul some items I've had for a few week's but I wanted to build it up to show you! I got some item's from Amazon and some from e.l.f.




First item I bought was this Sleek face form contour and blush palette. It come's with a bronzer shade, a highlighter and a blush. Have to say since I bought this I have fallen in love, I also think the packaging is nice too.  Here are some swatches:




Next, I got two NYX Cosmetics Diamond Sparkle lipsticks. I got them in the shade "flamingo" (the lighter shade) and "sparkling copper" (the darker pink.) They were really nice texture and had great pigment. I have worn "flamingo" but only swatched "sparkling copper" so far. 



I also purchased a Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge. I haven't gotten a chance to use this yet.. but I can't wait to try it and I've heard great things.

The last item from Amazon was this Collection nude eye palette. This palette was super cheap and great colours for a smokey eye so you can never have too many. They were great matte colours although some of them didn't show up well in the picture of the swatches.


Next up were items from e.l.f, I have had these items longer so I've had time to have more fun with these...

First item from e.l.f I bought were these make up remover wipes. I heard Kathleen Lights talking about these and it's rare that I can use make up wipes because normally they irritate my skin and dry it out. However, after hearing Kathleen talk about these and how they're fine with her skin (she has dry skin too) I decided to give them a try. I am LOVING these, they're so gentle on my skin and still remove make up.


Another item I got from e.l.f was this pointed foundation brush. I have been using this to set my under eye concealer and I will say it's been doing a good job. It is super soft and I will get around to trying it for foundation after I become less in love with my stipple brush and after trying my Real Techniques sponge.

I also got a Mineral eyeshadow primer. I haven't tried this out yet because I want to finish my Absolute eyeshadow primer before I open this one, I will let you know how it goes as soon as I try it.

The last item I got and probably my favourite was this Baked eyeshadow in "Toasted." This was another Kathleen Lights inspired buy, well her and a billion other YouTubers. I swatched this and have used it a couple of times. The baked shadows can be used wet or dry and I have tried it both ways and it's that pigmented that it does work wet and dry, I'm not sure if it's all shades or just this one but "Toasted" is definitely amazing. These swatches are of the shadow dry and wet:

So these other next few items are also from e.l.f but they only came yesterday so I haven't had time to play with them much yet but here you go!

This first item I got in this package was an eye make up remover pen. I bought this after watching Jessica Murphy (who you should check out here: ) She recommended it to fix your eye liner so I figured it's a handy thing to have.

Next up I got these three nail polishes. They are part of the "Glam Bam" nail polish set. The colours include "Golden Goddess", "Blush" and "Cranberry."

I also got three of their lip stains, (yes I know I'm obsessed with lip products.) I haven't gotten to try them yet, just swatch. Lauren Curtis recommended the pink shade called "birthday suit" which after swatching I know I'll love! The other two I adore after swatching, the other two shades were "red carpet" which was the red shade and "mysterious" which was the nude shade. Ignore my ugly knee.


I bought another one of their baked products after Kathleen Lights spoke about it and I loved the baked eye shadow. I got their baked bronzer in "Los Cabos." I love the way it has swatched and cant wait to try it.


The second last item I got was this long lasting lustrous eye shadow in the shade "toast." This was another Jessica Murphy recommendation and I love the texture and the pigment. 

The final item I got was this mineral eye shadow in the shade "wild."  The swatch came up super pigmented and I love the colour!

So that's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog! As of now I am on a serious no buy so there won't be another haul for a LONG time.

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment