Thursday 19 March 2015

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday


Hey everyone so for this week's Beauty Thursday I thought I would talk about brushes and the different types of brushes. First off I want to say that one thing I love about make up is that there is no set way to do it so if you use different brushes for different purposes than I do that is fine too I just want to show you guys how I use mine in case anyone was unsure and looking for help.

As you can see I have a few foundation brushes, I also have a Real Techniques beauty blender which I have yet to try. At the moment the ones that I own and have tried are a Body Collection one, an Infinity one, a Royal Cosmetics one and an elf stipple brush. At the moment my favourite is the elf stipple brush as I find it gives my foundation a flawless look to it and it was quite cheap. Some problems with foundation brushes is that they can sometimes make foundation appear streaky so do be aware of that when you're applying your foundation with a brush, however you do learn quickly how to fix that and I find that with my elf brush it never appears streaky. (If you would like me to do a blog post on how I make sure not to have streaky foundation using a brush let me know!)

Next up is powder brushes I currently own a Real Techniques powder brush and a w7 duo brush. The w7 duo brush has two sides (the angled side is more for contour) we are focusing on the rounder end. Powder brushes can come in big and small sizes. The two I own are medium sized and I find that to be the best size for applying your powder brush because it will allow you to dust powder only where you need to but it's not that small that it takes forever just to powder your face. I personally love my powder brushes nice and soft which is why I love my Real Techniques one. When in the shop run the bristles of the brush along the back of your hand to test how soft the bristles are but also to check it doesn't shed.

Next up the cheeks I use a small powder brush to apply brush and a Real Techniques cheek brush to apply bronzer. The angled part of the w7 Duo brush is also great for contour, the angle is great to sculpt the cheekbones. The round headed Real Techniques brush is perfect for bronzer, as it's great at distributing the product evenly.

In this picture I have a fan brush and a w7 brush that is great for cream contour. Due to the thinness of the w7 brush it is great to contour with as it is precise to line the cheekbones and then you just blend the cream contour. Next up is the fan brush which is perfect for highlighting powders, a fan brush is great as the shape feels light on your skin. It's designed to sweep highlighting powder above your cheek bones.

 For concealer I use a brush from a "Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model" make up set to apply the concealer. I then use an elf pointed foundation brush to blend and set my under eye concealer, as I find the point is great to get right under the eye. 


Next up I have two eyebrow and lash brushes, I did have three until recently when the top broke off of the brush. I own a Georgia brush from a Georgia Salpa eyelash set and a w7 smaller eyebrow brush from a brows set. These are pretty simple and are great help to brush your brows. I also own two angled brow brushes which are very thin in width and are great to use to fill in your brows. I recommend when it comes to a brush to fill in your brows to use an angled brush and also once as thin as you can find because these will be more precise. I also have one lash brush which is used to seperate lashes.



I will be doing another blog post about different eyeshadow brush types and explaining their uses but just so you know now, I have three round shaped eyeshadow brushes which are great for applying eyeshadow and also for blending. I have an Urban Decay, a Real Techniques brush and to be honest I have no idea what brand the red brushes are.

Now we have the lip brushes. These are pretty simple you use them to apply your lipstick.


That's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie


No comments:

Post a Comment