Thursday 6 October 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday

This week's Beauty Thursday is dedicated to my review of the September Birchbox. First off the box design this month was so cute and I love the little drawer idea, however overall I was kinda disappointed in this month's box, I'm hoping next month's is better as that is two boxes in a row that have let me down now.


ModelCo Highlighting Trio

The first product we received this month was this full size cream highlighter trio worth £14. The formula was super smooth and creamy and they blended nicely onto the skin. Sadly the whitest shade which would be the one I would probably use more wasn't as pigmented as the other two. 



Amika Bombshell Blowout Spray

We also got a sample size of this bombshell spray, the full size is worth £14.99. This spray is actually quite nice, it's a volumizing and texturising spray as well as a heat protector. You section your damp hair and spray throughout before blow drying. 

Starskin Eye Catcher Mask

This month also contained a pair of eye masks from Starskin, I've received a small of this mask before which I still haven't tried out but this is another reminder I should. A full size is worth £8.50 and you simply press on to your under eye area for around 15 minutes. The mask claims to brighten the delicate skin around your eyes.

Jane Iredale Smooth Affair Facial Primer

We also received this sample size of the facial primer and brightener which I was excited to try. The full size is worth £36 and you simply apply a pea-sized amount onto the skin before applying your makeup. It felt nice on the skin and my make up lasted well with it, I'll definitely use the full sample before I consider purchasing the full size though.

Nuxe Prodigieux Shower Oil

The last product we received was this shower oil from Nuxe, the full size is worth £10. It felt nice on the skin and I felt super soft after use.

Birchbox x LaLaLab

As a little bonus we received an exclusive gift which was a free LaLaBox in which we got 36 photos printed in cute box worth £12.69. To be honest, this was my favourite part of the box this month and it wasn't even mentioned on the products list, I ordered mine within minutes of opening my box and I'm so excited to see my photos printed when they come as I selected photos from my 21st which I haven't had the chance to print yet.


If you want to subscribe to Birchbox you can do so here:

So that's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment