Thursday 10 September 2015

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday



This week's Beauty Thursday is dedicated to this months Glossybox. I'm sad to say that overall I wasn't wowed by this month's box. Although this month box was filled with full sized goodies, it was mainly based on skincare and I prefer the make up items. Plus one of my make up items was all smashed so I was heartbroken over that.


SASS Purifying Cleanser

First up in this month's box was the SASS purifying cleanser. I was actually quite excited for this as we previously got a serum from SASS before and I love it every time I shave my legs. The body cleanser claims it's a gentle formula ensuring you stay shower- fresh all day. The one time I forgot to test the product on my hand before applying it properly because of my sensitive skin also happened to be the time that I came out in a huge rash. A full sized product that cost £7.


Naobay Calming Face Toner

Another item I got in this month's box was this face toner from Naobay, we have also received other products from this range before. This was one of the full sized products which was worth £10.65. The scent is super refreshing and citrus like. I found the toner did a great job overall, it was great at removing any traces of make up that remained and also made my skin feel super hydrated.



Emite Artist Colour Powder Blush

So we were all asked to vote on whether we would like a blush or a brush in this box and the result was that the blush won. We received this hybrid blush-bronzer as a result. I was extremely excited to try it but my one was smashed into pieces so I had to throw it out :( I absolutely hate wasting make up and I did try to keep it but it ended up all over the inside of my drawer so it just had to go. This huge full sized 'blunzer' was worth £20.59, to say I am heartbroken is an understatement.

MeMeMe Lip Glide in "Playful Peach"


My favourite item in the August box was this gorgeous lip pencil in this super pretty pink- coral. The lip glide literally glides on so easily and feels super smooth and buttery. The colour also has great pay off and lasted super long. This full sized product is worth £6.95.


Manna Kadar Lash Primer

The last item in this month's box was this mascara primer from Manna Kadar. The creamy gel formula works to nourish your lashes as the formula includes vitamin B12. I don't know how much of a difference it makes to my mascara as a primer but if it's healthy for your lashes I figured I might as well. This was another full sized product and it was worth £14.55.

Overall, I was quite disappointed with this month's box what with, one of the products causing my skin a reaction and another being broken but I still absolutely love the MeMeMe pencil. I think I might give it one or two more boxes and if I'm disappointed again I might unsubscribe. Hopefully they will be great because I really do love the service and exploring different brands and products.

If you would like to subscribe to Glossybox, you can do so here:

That's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment