Thursday 18 February 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday

This week's Beauty Thursday is dedicated to the February Glossybox. With it being February, Glossybox did do a love themed box which was super adorable and pretty. All the products this month were full sized.

Nicka K New York 24H Waterproof Eye Liner

The first item in this month's box was the gorgeous waterproof eye liner from Nicka K. This product is worth £3.99 and came in a brown shade. I think the packaging is so pretty, it's super sleek and shiny looks way more expensive than it actually is and let me tell you it's definitely waterproof! I've only tried it a couple of times on my eyes but it has lasted all day and does take quite a while to come off, even when I swatched the liner on my hand the swatch wouldn't come off for ages. The liner itself is super creamy and glides on nice and easily, plus it's a twist-up so you don't have to sharpen which I think is so handy.

The Vintage Cosmetics Co. Floral Slanted Tweezers

The next item in this month's Glossybox was this adorable pair of tweezers. These were worth £8 and are the most adorable pair of tweezers I've ever owned. They're so pretty and do a great job.

Naobay Protective Hair Mask Volume Conditioner

We also received this protective and volumizing mask from Naobay. This was worth £10.64 and says it "leaves hair soft, silky and easy to manage." I have only used this once but I did find that my dry hair had felt much softer after use, you apply to just washed hair for three minutes and then rinse it out again. As it is only on the hair for three minutes I would recommend using it probably twice a week to be completely effective but I did quite like how my hair felt after use.

Wilkinson Sword Intuition Razor

Another product we got in the February Glossybox was this razor from Wilkinsons. The razor was worth £6.99 and it came with a little holder to attach to the wall of your shower, because there is soap on the razor you don't need to use soap or shaving foam to shave. At first I quite liked this because the soap had made my legs feeling super soft and moisturized however, once I had dried off after my shower I found that although my legs seemed soft and hair free in the shower it actually didn't do a great job at removing the hair, I just found my legs very patchy and I had even gone over my legs in the shower a couple of times but it's still how it turned out. I will continue to use this, maybe when the soap gets used a little bit more it'll be easier for the blades but it wasn't my favourite razor.

MUA Power Pout Lip Glaze Low Voltage

The last product in this month's box was this lip gloss/ "lip glaze" from Make Up Academy in the shade "Serenity." This was worth £3.50 but it isn't like any ordinary lip gloss. The applicator was like a little brush but you had to twist the bottom to get the product up to through the brush and the brush it on to the lips that way. I thought the colour was really pretty and a great colour for Valentine's day and the scent of vanilla was amazing. The only thing I would recommend is it's a bit sticky and a super glossy gloss so definitely do not wear your hair down with this gloss if you plan on going outside. Other than that little tip I really liked it, Make Up Academy does such great products and their prices are ridiculously low, I just love them.



If you want to subscribe to Glossybox, you can do so here:

That's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment