Thursday 25 February 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday


Okay sound the alarm people Birchbox is now shipping to Ireland! That's right you read correctly, Birchbox are here. As a result this week's Beauty Thursday is dedicated to my first ever Birchbox from February. The theme this month is "Shine bright like a diamond" so with that let's begin!

LOC One & Done Shadow Stick

First up in this month's box was this Love of Colour shadow stick, you got to pick from two colours; a gold and a silver shade. I picked "Perfect Cents" which was this fabulous gold colour. It's super creamy and pigmented I can't wait to make so many eye looks with this bad boy. This was a full size and is worth £8, you simply apply all over the lid and can blend with your finger tips.

Spectrum Collection Tapered Powder Brush

This tapered powder brush was another full sized product and also worth £8. This brush is so adorable and colourful plus it is extremely soft, I adore it! The fact it's tapered I think it's great for setting under eye concealer but can be used all over.

Doux Me Comforting Face Mask and Exfoliator

A full size of this product is worth £18 and it can be used as a face mask or an exfoliator. The product has extracts of camomile, apricot oil and marshmallow and it has a sweet smell without being overwhelming. To use as a mask you apply a thin layer to clean skin and leave it for 7-10 minutes without rinsing it off. To use as an exfoliator, you massage it into damp skin in circular motions and then rinse off.

Cochine Water Hyacinth & Lime Blossom lotion

A full size of this product is worth £19 and this little sample size if perfect for travel. The body lotion smells fresh and sweet and it's really moisturizing.

Number 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Super Comb Prep &Protect

This was hands down my favourite product from the box this month and I definitely plan on buying the full size when I've finished the sample size. I'm not a fan of the smell of the product but I'm amazed at how a couple of spritz throughout my hair and it was so easy to brush through I've never found a detangler that works that well! When I had dried my hair it had dried so soft and really made a difference.

L. Erickson Grab & Go Ponytail Holder

A "Beauty Bonus" of this month's box was one of these hair bobbins. A pack of 15 is worth £11.50 and I really like how sturdy this bobbin is in my hair.

Benefit They're Real! Primer

As a bonus for being one of the first 100 to sign up to Birchbox shipping to Ireland I also received this They're Real! primer and I can't wait to try it. I have a primer open at the moment but I've read great things so I can't wait to see the results.

If you want to subscribe to Birchbox, you can do so here:

That's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo 


Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment