Thursday 12 May 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday

For this week's Beauty Thursday, I thought I would continue the break down of my make up collection. Back in February, I did a more in dept post on what I consider the base of my make up collection this looked at my primers, powders, concealers and foundations. You can check that post out here: for this post I decided to go through my eye shadow palettes. Eye shadow palettes are probably my weakness in life, when I am shopping I have to try convince myself that no I do not need another eyeshadow palette especially when I go looking for products to do a review or post on my blog of.

I have two eye shadow palettes from E.L.F from when they still shipped to Ireland. I own their 100 shades palette which I do like, some shadows are hit and miss but most of them are quite pigmented. They can be a bit chalky but I still quite like the palette and I also have one of their baked e shadow palettes. I really adore the colours in this palette, my favourite two are the bright blue and the white. The pigmentation is a lot stronger when they're wet as they are baked.

I also have one glitter cream palette from NYX. These have such gorgeous colours and are so pigmented, they do tend to slide around the eye a little so that is a downside.

This Active Cosmetics eye shadow palette is probably the palette I have had the longest so it's quite a sentimental palette. Although there are a few darker/silver colours this is a really pretty palette for a romantic look. 

 I haven't used this Pretty in Pink palette too often. It's a nice combination of golden brown shades while still having a couple of bolder shades like the blue and the green. This does have quite a chalky powder consistency to the shadows.


I adore this limited edition No7 palette which I got a few Christmases ago. The shadows and the blushes are super pretty but as it is limited edition I try not to use it too much. The downside of the shadow is that they're so close together so you've to be careful with placing your brush in there.

The W7 Lightly Toasted palette is meant to be a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked palette. I do think for the price you are paying, it is a really good dupe. Some colours are more pigmented than others and I do wish there were more matte shades but overall I think it is a great budget palette.


I have two Urban Decay palettes which I love. One is the Midnight Emergency palette and the other is the Gwen Stefani collaboration. The Midnight Emergency is a really romantic shimmer palette and I am in love with the Gwen Stefani palette. I did a full review of the Gwen Stefani palette here: Urban Decay do probably my favourite palettes as they are so consistent with the quality and pigmentation.

Another brand which I adore is Blank Canvas. I only have two of their palettes; their Pippa Palette and their 26 shadow blush palette. I did a full review of the 26 shadow palette here: Most of the shadows are pretty pigmented, there are only a few that aren't as pigmented but I love this palette for Fall/Autumn time. The Pippa Palette is a great neutral and everyday palette, again most of the shadows are pigmented, the lighter nude shades aren't as pigmented but all the shadows blend really easily. You can view my full review on this palette here:

Another palette which is a newbie but one of my favourite's is my Z palette which is a creation of my own. It has all of my single pan shadows from E.L.F and MakeUp Geek. I love how pigmented my MakeUp Geek shadows are and how easy they are to blend. They're so cheap and I have ordered more which are on their way!

My last two palettes are my two Urban Decay Naked babies, I have the original Naked palette and Naked 2. These are both my all time favourite palettes no matter how many palettes I own or how long the time is between using them every time I use them I fall in love with either of them all over again. You just can't beat the Naked palette!

So that is all of my eye shadow palettes, and I hope that you have enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment