Thursday 26 May 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday

This week's Beauty Thursday is dedicated to the May Birchbox. I was a bit sad it took so long to get here and that the box had been damaged so that was a bit disappointing but the products themselves were still in perfect condition. The theme this month was "For the dreamers" and the design of the box was very intriguing although the entire lid did not need to be a scratch card type of material.

Spectrum Collection Unicorn Tears Wonder Sponge

The first item in this month's box was this complexion sponge from Spectrum, it was a full size and worth £4.99. I was really excited to receive this product as we got to choose the colour beforehand between the purple or pink and I have tried a couple of brushes from the brand previously and they are so good and great value for money. The sponge itself didn't amaze me, it did a good job at blending the concealer and foundation but I have tried better sponges.

The Balm Stainiac in Beauty Queen

This was probably my favourite product from this month's box as I am a big fan of The Balm Cosmetics! We received a sample size of their Stainiac product which is a lip and cheek stain and the full size is worth £10. I think this sample size will last quite well though so I'm impressed with the amount of product we received. One light layer on the lips brought a nice flush of colour to them, though I did also find you could build it up too a more pigmented brighter colour too. I wore this out shopping and as it is a stain it did not budge all day long, I then loved it that much I wore it out that night with friends! I am not a big fan of cheek stains as I feel it can go badly wrong but if you want to try it as a cheek stain you dab 2-3 dots on the apples of your cheek and blend, for a lip stain just apply like a lip gloss.

Caudalie Moisturising Sorbet

The second sample size product we received was this moisturising sorbet from Caudalie. You apply a small amount to your hands and then spread evenly onto the skin, it says it reduces redness, hydrates and instantly soothes the skin. There isn't really a scent on the product so that's good however when you squeeze the tube there is a lot of air in the tube so I am a bit disappointed with the amount of product that is in there. The sorbet did work well with my sensitive skin though, it didn't irritate it and I felt quite hydrated after using it. It felt a tad heavy on my skin for a few minutes as I do prefer lighter moisturisers but once it absorbed it was completely fine.

Rituals Tao Wai Wang Mild Exfoliating Body Scrub

The next item was this mild body scrub from Rituals and the full size is worth £19.50. First off I am so impressed with the amount of product we got in this sample size, we received 70ml which will give you a good few uses so that I am delighted with. It has a blend of ultra-fine Chinese bamboo particles and calming white lotus which helps to slough dead skin cells away leaving the skin nice and smooth! I definitely agree that it is a mild scrub so if you are looking for a deep intense body scrub this product probably isn't for you but I found that this mild scrub was kinder on my skin than usual exfoliaters. Normally when I exfoliate even when my eczema is being non existant, after my shower for a couple of hours it just appears quite intensely and then goes away again but because this was mild I managed to exfoliate without the little flare up from my skin. I am a big fan of this scent too it isn't overpowering so it shouldn't bother people how have a thing about smells but the smell itself is just a really calming, clean scent.

Philip Kingsley PK Prep Polishing Balm


 
We also received this balm from Philip Kingsley, I have tried one or two products from that brand before so I was excited to give this ago. This can be used on damp or dry hair, by simply applying a pea sized amount between your palms and smoothing into your mid lengths and ends. While providing your hair with ProVitamin B5 and Vitamin A it deals with fly aways, frazzled hair and dry ends. The balm to serum formula is really nice and I really like the smell, my hair definitely felt smooth after use plus looked nice and shiny. The full size is worth £18.50.

Yu-Be Moisturising Skin Cream

As a bonus this month we received this small sample of skin cream as well as the other five products! First off the smell of the product itself is quite strong almost like the Vicks stuff you apply when you have blocked sinuses but you can't actually smell it on your body. It has a really thick consistency so is great at moisturising the really dry areas of your body, I would personally focus on the problem areas rather than an all over body moisturiser because it is so hydrating it is great for cracked or scaly skin. My elbows were quite dry after tanning so I rubbed this in and they were so much better after use. I also a little to my feet before bed, like a pea sized amount and the next morning they still felt so hydrated and soft. The full size is worth £19.50, I am definitely adding this to my wishlist to remind myself to buy it during the Winter.

If you want to subscribe to Birchbox, you can do so here:

So that's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment