Thursday 7 July 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday

This week's Beauty Thursday is dedicated to an empties post. As you guys know I don't like doing these posts too close together because I like to have enough products to talk to you guys about so with that let's start!

First off I finished yet another packet of Water Wipes. I use these for removing my make up when I am too tired to cleanse properly after a night out. I have repurchased these several times and I plan on purchasing them again once I have used up my No7 make up remover wipes. I also finished up these Irish Breeze double soft oval cotton pads these were great for using when removing my eye make up, they were the perfect size to get even the smokiest eye off. I have repurchased Tesco cotton pads, to be honest I'm not entirely bothered with the brand of cotton pads.

I finished three eye products recently. I finished the Rimmel Scandaleyes Thick & Thin eye liner, I was really impressed with how long this liner lasted and loved how pigmented it was. I found it was great for doing both a thick or thin line like it says. I was honestly so impressed with this liner it was only really the last couple of weeks that I noticed it would bleed so I knew it was time to get a new one. I am trying out a new liner at the moment but I probably would repurchase! I also finished an Essence Lash Princess mascara for the price I don't really think you can go wrong, it was a really nice mascara for the price. There are some more expensive mascaras that I prefer but I think if you're just starting out in make up or just don't want to spend money it's a good option. The last eye item I used up was this Lollipop retractable eye liner crayon, this was another pigmented liner pencil. It was great in the waterline and the tightline, I'm so impressed with how long it lasted and would definitely recommend it! I have several liner pencils which I need to get through but I would consider repurchasing it.

I finished a Radox Berry Blast, I love using this shower gel I have gone through so many bottles of the Radox shower gel, at the moment I am using the cherry one. I also used up a bottle of the Dove Go Fresh shower gel, this is another great shower gel, it's super creamy and made my body feel nice and nourished. The last item I finished was this Dr Bronner Hemp Rose Castille soap, I used this to clean my make up brushes so it lasted really long I think I've had it for almost two years now, really impressed with the way it lasted and it has many other uses too!

I also used a Yankee Candle in the scent My Serenity. I normally love Yankee Candles but I have to say I was disappointed in this scent. It was a very bland scent and just found I couldn't smell anything even if I left the room for long periods of time and then go in. I will definitely be repurchasing Yankee Candles just not this scent.

I am so heartbroken that I finally finished the last few spritz of the Christina Aguilera By Night fragrance. This is honestly one of my favourite evening/ night time scents, it's such a sexy night out smell and I just love wearing it. I will 110% be repurchasing this beauty!

I finally used up this bottle of Inglot HD foundation in the shade 73 and I say finally because I had the smallest amount possible left months ago and reordered a new bottle however the last bit of foundation seemed to just go on forever, I know if I hadn't repurchased it I would have ran out that night! I adore this foundation it's perfect for nights out as the HD looks great in photographs and it lasts perfectly all night!

I used up a bottle of the Elegant Touch nail polish remover, it was good at removing the polish, I've already purchased the Tesco nail polish remover and it works just as well. I also finished up the Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing lotion, I bought the one for sensitive skin however I did still only use it once a week or once ebery two weeks so it lasted quite well. I only every applied it to my chin area and my nose but I will probably be repurchasing it.

So this toothpaste represents I think 3 or 4 tubes of the Oral B Glamorous Shine. Normally I don't include toothpastes but I have seen loads of people raving about how it makes their teeth whiter and to be honest I don't think it made any difference to mine whatsoever, as I said I did try 3 or 4 tubes of it but I just didn't think it did anything so I just went back to my Sensodyne toothpaste.

I also used up yet another tube of the Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan and BB perfector matte in the shade light. Normally I get the medium one however I'm still impressed with the difference of the light one and I love how both the light and the medium look on the skin. They're great for last minute nights out and look nice on the skin, the only thing I will say is the do transfer so I recommend if you're going for a white ensemble to use a developing tan the night before. I will definitely be picking one of these bad boys up!

I finished a bottle of the Aussie Miracle Moist conditioner, I have gone through so many bottles of this stuff over the years I just love how it makes my hair feel so soft and look healthy again whenever it's quite dry. I am trying out a new conditioner at the moment which I am undecided about but once I make my mind up about that I will probably be repurchasing this one regardless.

We are on the home stretch guys! So the last two items I have to talk about are both hair care items that I use before blow drying, once I wash my hair I usually apply detangler, brush it out, apply heat protector and then apply a pea sized amount of oil to the ends and of course then I blow dry my hair. So the heat protector I have been using for almost a year now is the Got2B Guardian Angel, I featured it in a favourites post before and I absolutely love this stuff. I'll definitely be picking up a bottle the next time I'm in boots, I think it's great especially for the price and the smell is HEAVENLY, it actually kinda reminds of one of the Hollister scents although I'm not sure what it's called. I also used up this Hask Argan Oil, this bad boy has also featured in a more recent favourites post and I'm so impressed with how long it lasted, I've been using this stuff since February I think and it's only empties now. It makes my hair feel so soft after a blow dry and honestly I notice the difference now that I have ran out!

So that's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment