Thursday 28 July 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday

This week's Beauty Thursday is a review of the July Birchbox. This month's box was a collaboration with Millie Mackintosh and first off this box is absolutely stunning, the design was so, so pretty. However the box itself this month, I was a little disappointed in.

LOC x Millie Ultra Lip Gloss Pencil

The first product we received was a full size lip gloss pencil from Millie and LOC worth £9 in the shade "Bohemian Rose." I've tried a couple of products from LOC before and like each previous time I wasn't disappointed, it was a super pretty pink colour gloss and was quite opaque. It also felt nice on the lips, overall I quite liked this product.


Elemis Hydra Boost Day Cream

We also received a sample size of this day cream from Elemis, the full size is worth £39. The nourishing cream also has hyaluronic acid to lock in moisture, you simply apply in the morning after you've cleansed. I liked the product and there was actually a lot of product in the sample size but I'm going to continue with my own moisturizer.

Nails Inc nail varnish

 This month's box also contained a sample size of a pink coloured Nails Inc nail varnish. I have to say the size was quite cute it reminded me of the ones I used to get when I was a child and I have that many nail varnishes that half of them dry up before I use them all so I'm okay with the size. A full size is worth £15 which to be honest I think is a bit much as you definitely need two coats, if not three and it's not very opaque.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum

Another sample size in this month's box was this radiance serum from Caudalie, the full size is worth £45. It says the product fades dark spots, evens out skintone and boosts your skin's natural glow. I'm not sure how effective it is for dark spots, and I didn't notice any difference in evening out my skin tone but I did find my skin had a nice glow after use. You simply smooth in a thin layer over your face after cleansing and then follow up with your moisturizer.

John Frieda Luxurious Volume 7 Day Volume treatment

The last product was another full size, this one from John Frieda worth £9.99. You either received the 7 day volume treatment or a free ease forever smooth anti frizz primer. I recieved the volume treatment and although my hair does not lack in volume I decided to give it a go and all I can say is, it definitely works my hair was quite large and in charge!

If you want to subscribe to Birchbox, you can do so here:

So that's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment