Thursday 17 November 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday

For this week's Beauty Thursday I decided to do another post of all the products I have used up recently. As I don't like to do these posts too often this will be my last empties post of 2016! On that note let's get into the products!

First up I finished 3 shower products recently. The first one is Dove Purely Pampering in the coconut scent and I have to say I normally love Dove shower gels and I love coconut scents however, I hated this! It was too thick of a consistency and it just made me feel greasy to be honest I actually had to force myself to finish it. I also finished the Radox Feel Fabulous in Mango Mayhem, this one I did like, I've used it before and I have a couple of shower gels to go through at the moment but I would probably repurchase it at some point. Lastly I used up the Nuxe Precious scented shower oil, I received this in a recent Birchbox and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I expected to hate this stuff and that it was going to just make my skin feel greasy like the Dove shower gel but, it was actually a thicker consistency and it made my skin feel soft without feeling greasy. I probably wont be purchasing it myself as I just have cheaper shower gels that I like more but it was still nice to try.

I used up another Redken Blonde Idol, I've spoken about this many times in previous empties posts so I won't drone on about it too long but it works well with my extensions and it's sulphate free which is great for your hair unlike most shampoos. I will continue to repurchase it as long as I have extensions in.

I have 3 cleansing products to talk about today, due to some health issues for the past year I have had some trouble with my skin so I've tried a ridiculous amount of products to help with it and these are the three that I've used up recently. I tried the Clearasil Rapid Action gel wash first and it was okay, I saw a bit of a difference but not much. When I ran out of the Clearasil I tried the Quinaderm antibacterial face wash and that made a huge difference, I would definitely recommend that one out of the two. Sadly, when I went to repurchase the Quinaderm, there wasn't any so I repurchased the Clearasil but now that my skin is clear it's doing fine but I think if my skin went bad again I would go back to the Quinaderm. Lastly, I used up a tub of the Clearasil Rapid Action pads, I found I could only use these every 2-3 days as my skin was too sensitive and I would only use it on my problem areas even then they dried out my skin a lot. It did a good job at cleaning out my pores but didn't prevent any actual spots. I have purchased the First Aid blemish pads which I would recommend over these, they are more expensive but I can use them everyday, they don't dry out or burn my skin and I think they did a better job at clearing my skin than these did.

I'm throwing away my Le Roche Posay make up remover milk, I had used most of this up ages ago and then for some reason never threw it out. I could probably scrap around the bottle but I've had it that long that I bought a new one and just threw this one out. I'm still using my Vichy 3 in 1 cleanser but when that's all gone I will go back to this.

I have two empty fragrances this month, Britney Spears Believe and Taylor Swift Wonderstruck. I have had 2 spritz left of Believe for an extremely long time but I could never find a new bottle so I wouldn't use them up, luckily for me I have a wonderful best friend who remembered my obsession with this perfume years ago and she bought me a bottle for my 21st so I finally used up the old one! Wonderstruck was another one I got as a gift a couple of years ago and I was not a fan of at all but I hate wasting perfume so I would use it as a room spray just to freshen up a room. As you can guess it took a long time to use up but I did it and now I don't have to feel guilty for not using it!

This Inglot Under MakeUp Base may look like there is still product in there but trust me there isn't! I repurchased this primer MONTH's ago when it looked like it was running low and it still just kept going, for such a small tube you really get your money's worth. Anyway, I love this primer for night's out it makes a great base and really helps my make up stay put for the night.

I used up this Revlon ColorStay pencil in brown. I used to use this on my brows but it's still a good pencil liner. I like the twist up and it was nice and pigmented, once I use up more brow products I would probably repurchase it.

I'm getting rid of 4 mascaras this time around! After I wrote my post on my mascara collection I realized how many opened tubes of mascara I had that I never used and didn't really like. The Rimmel Wake Me Up mascara, I did like and I have used that up, it was a good mascara but it wouldn't be in my top 5 all time favourites. The Essence I love extreme crazy volume mascara was terrible, the wand did nothing along with the mascara and it never dried, the handful of times I used it, it transferred. The Georgia mascara I got in a fake eyelash gift set that Georgia Salpa came out with years ago, I never tried the mascara however when I went to open it last week it was all dried up. Lastly, the W7 Cosmetics triple volume mascara this was an okay mascara. It was nice on the bottom lashes, but I just prefer a bigger impact lash.

So that's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment