Thursday 3 November 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday


For this week's Beauty Thursday I decided to do my review from the October Birchbox. The box itself was stunning this month, they were based on your star sign, the stars looked pretty on the box and they glowed in the dark slightly. Products wise I wasn't overly impressed, in fact I was very underwhelmed but I'm going to see how the rest of the year goes and then make a decision about continuing my subscription. 

Lord & Berry Matte Lipstick

I have received quite a few products from Lord & Berry before and I have always liked them. The shade "intimacy" mauve-nude colour, perfect for everyday in the Winter. The lipstick was nice and pigmented and didn't feel uncomfortable on the lips which is great when you're wearing a matte lipstick.

Monu Rosewood Reviving Mist

I received this mist from Glossybox back in June last year and the full size costs £19.95. I found this mist refreshing and the scent is quite nice too. It's a plus that my sensitive skin doesn't react to it.

Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Gel

The full size of this de-stress muscle gel is worth £25 and you massage it liberally into the skin. I thought it was a nice gel but it had no effect on my feeling relaxed and if I'm honest I don't really believe in the relaxing type of products.

Birchbox Eyebrow Brush

This was a full size brush obviously and was from Birchbox's own brand and cost £1.95. It's a nice brush and does a good job however, you can tell it is only £1.95 as it feels very flimsy when I use it and I'm waiting for the top to just fly off.

Manefit Beauty Planner Sheet Mask


We also received this lavender scented sheet mask worth £1.99. To be honest, I will be giving this to one of my friends to try as I don't like lavender scents and I can smell it having not even opened the packet and my skin reacts to a lot of sheet masks. For those of you wanting to try the mask, you simply remove from the packaging and leave on for 20 minutes.

Number 4 Fluoro5 Elixer Restore & Repair Oil

This last product was probably my saving grace for this month's box! I received a detangling spray from this brand month's ago in my first ever Birchbox and it has quickly become my favourite detangling spray ever so I was excited to try this oil. You simply smooth 2 pumps into your hair when it's damp and then finish blow drying as normal. My hair felt so soft and looked nice and shiny after use. The full size is worth £18 and I will consider buying it once I've ran out of the sample size.

If you wish to subscribe to Birchbox, you can do so here:

So that's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie



No comments:

Post a Comment