Thursday 7 January 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday




This week's Beauty Thursday is dedicated to my December favourites. Last month, I played a lot with new make up and as a result, I have quite a few favourites so I'm just gonna get straight into it.



The first favourite is one of my two lip favourites from last month. This one if my Stila Stay All Day liquid lipstick in "dolce." I am absolutely in love with this liquid lipstick, it's super pigmented and lasts so well for hours.



My skin favourite for this month is a Tea Tree Cream from Nelsons. The last few month's I was having skin issues (I've since discovered it was as a result of a health problem) but when my skin was having crazy breakouts, I discovered this was great at taking the inflammation and redness out of them. I also loved that it was natural ingredients that I was putting on my face not just chemicals.


One of my favourites this month is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the fair shade. This is such a great under eye concealer, it's super creamy and I find it doesn't crease.
My favourite tan this month was St Tropez face and body instant tan in light/medium. The tube for this tan is deceivingly small. I honestly thought I would get one use maybe two max, but I've used this tan about 4 or 5 times now and it develops nice and quick and dries instantly. There's no biscuit or curry smell and it' s great because it will wash off in the shower the next morning but doesn't run in the rain. 


An item I rediscovered last month was Rimmerl Stay Matte Pressed powder in the shade 006. It had been a while since I reached for this product but one of the days I couldn't find my Inglot powder so I used this powder instead and ever since I've found myself not being able to put it down. I still use my Inglot powder on my under eye but I place this on the other parts of my face to set the rest of it.



My favourite scent from last month has to be Jimmy Choo Eau De Parfum. It's such a pretty and sexy feminine scent and lasts so well. I have gotten several compliments each time I've worn this scent. 


I got this gorgeous So Susan Skin Highlighting stick in the December Glossybox and I'm obsessed. I use it most times I do my make up now and it's so pigmented and pretty I just can't get enough.





One item which was an absolute life saver last month was Lanolips Lemonaid Lip Aid. I adore the smell of this and it really has helped my lips this Winter. The cold weather really had my lips chapped and sore last month and within a day of using this my lips would feel and look better, once I started using this properly I didn't have to worry about chapped lips.


My favourite palette last month has to be my Blank Canvas 26 shadow blush palette. This palette was such an amazing palette, it's so pigmented and has such great colours, it was just what I needed for Autumn and Winter. I did a full blog post in detail about this palette which you can view here:

I've also discovered a new fabulous dry shampoo last month, the Co Lab  New York dry shamoo. It does a great job for my in between washes and the scent is super fruity and pretty.



My second lip product from last month is the Rimmel The Only 1 lipstick in the shade "200 It's a Keeper." It's a great lipstick as like most of Rimmel's products, it was super pigmented and nice and creamy. I thought it was such a pretty colour and it made that much of an impression I plan to collect them all.


Another skin item I loved in December was the Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff exfoliater. Due to having to be tanned a lot over the Christmas and New Years period I had to exfoliate a lot too and I adored using the Tough Stuff, it did such a great job at prepping my skin and then removing the tan afterwards. It also helped that it was pretty and pink and smelled quite nice too. I've almost used up a bottle and already went out and bought another one.


My new brow discovery in December was the Rimmel Brow This Way gel , I got this in the shade "mid brown." It's quite a nice brow gel and is really pigmented. The brush you do need to be careful with because it is quite large so I find it helpful to keep some q-tips with make up remover handy.


The last item I have to talk about is another hair item and it is the Colour Wow root cover up. I got this in the shade for blonde hair, due to being ill in November and then exams I was in desperate need of getting my tbar done but wasn't able to go to the hair dresser so I purchased this product as a fix until I was able to go. It comes with a little brush and you brush over your roots, now I'm not going to lie it takes a lot of patience and time to cover up but I found once I had applied it the once I didn't need to apply it then until after the next time I washed my hair. 

That's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment