Thursday 28 January 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday

This week's Beauty Thursday is a celebrity inspired make up tutorial from the fabulous Ashley Benson. Recently Ashley was doing press for the return of Pretty Little Liars (anyone else loving 5 years forward as much as me?!) and I was absolutely obsessed with this look. It would be such a great to wear on a night out, the look has really simple slicked back hair so all the focus is on the makeup. For makeup she went for quite glowy skin, a dark mauve-brown eye and a bold red lip. (You never realize how pale you are without fake tan on until you put your own photo next to Ashley Benson's.)

To begin I am going to do my usual foundation routine, which you can view here. The primer I used is the Emite Diamond Heart primer as it gives a nice glow to the skin which is great to help with the glow that we are looking for. I used the cream contour from the W7 Catwalk Face Shaper and the B. Cosmetics B Sculpted contour kit's cream highlight on the cheekbones. I then went over these with the contour and highlight powder from the W7 "Hollywood Bronze and Glow."


Next, I filled in my brows using my Revlon ColorStay in "03 Brown" and then went over them with the Rimmel "Brow This Way" in "003 dark brown." Ashley went for quite bold brows in this look so I did go a bit bolder than I would usually use day to day. To begin my eyes I grabbed my Blank Canvas 26 shadow blush palette. I used the darker of the brown shades and brushed it all over the lid and blended into the crease.



 Next still using the Blank Canvas palette I blended the sparkly brown shade into the crease and onto the lid and then lined my lower lash line with the same shade.





I then blended Make Up Geek's "Mocha" into the outer V and my lower lash line.



Next I patted my Glossybox eye shadow in the shade "Glossy Mauve" onto the lid.

Once my shadow was complete, I lined my upper lash line with the Essence "I heart Style" liquid liner. I then lined the inner corner of my waterline with the So Susan "Haute Light highlighting pencil." To complete my liner, I lined the outer corners of the waterline with the Lollipops eye pencil in "Goodbye Moon." 

To complete my eyes I curled my lashes and applied my Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. The last step I did was apply my Stila Stay All Day liquid lipstick in the shade "Tesoro."

Completed Look:



Products I used:









So that's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog! Don't forget to check out the new Pretty Little Liars!

Xoxo

Sophie


Follow me on twitter: @SKavanaghStyle
Follow me on Google Plus: Sophie Kavanagh

No comments:

Post a Comment