Thursday 3 March 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday


For this week's Beauty Thursday I chose to write about the products that I was in love with in the month of February. Seriously though how is March already?! I feel like I only just posted my December favourite's and now we're in March!

So first item I have re-fell in love with is the Benefit Majorette blush and it's not just February, I was using this a lot during January as well. It has kind of become my go to blush for the moment. I absolutely love this product it's such a pretty natural looking coral colour and the packing is adorable. I love love love the scent and it is a cream to powder finish so I do use a light hand and blend, blend, blend. It's strange because I'm not really a blush person, I own a lot of them but  I just don't go crazy over them the way I do with other makeup. However,  I seriously love this product it just livens up the skin and I find it give the skin a nice glow too.


I have two Cocoa Brown products to talk about from last month. First off is the "Chocolate Whip" moisturizer, now I have gone through about 2-3 bottles of this stuff and it's pure heaven. It's such a nice body moisturizer and if you have tan on, I don't know how but it helps it last longer and fade more natural. Plus it smells like chocolate what more do you need?! The second product from Cocoa Brown is their "Lovely Legs" tanning spray, a lot of the time I would use this on top of their 1 hour tan just to be a bit darker but I also found that when I was in a rush and only had time to put on this, it still looked great. I have literally used this little bottle about 12 times since I got it and I have no idea how their is still product left in it but I'm just going to keep on spraying so long as I'm a bronzed goddess.



There is a lip combination that I have become absolutely OBSESSED with in February. To start I line my lips with the New Look Pure Colour lip pencil in the shade "Mink." Then I use Bellapierre cheek & lip stain in the shade "coral" all over my lips. Honestly this is such a pretty combination I just adore it, some times I do kick it up a notch and add Tanya Burr's lip gloss in "lunch date" but with or without the lip gloss, the combination is just gorgeous!

For going to college and more every day make up I have been using a new mascara combination as well. I have been using the Collection "Lash Length Mascara" in black and the Essence "Lash Princess" mascara. I curl my lashes first and then depending on my mood I can put the Collection mascara on first or the Essence one. I haven't really notice a difference in the order you put them but they both look really pretty together either way. Also both of these mascaras combined are worth about 6 euro!


A brush which I recently added to my collection ad have been absolutely adoring the past month- six weeks was the Morphe M518 Crease brush. This has become a big staple brush for me and ever since I've bought it I have used it every time I'm doing my eyes. 



Another item in today's favourites is this exfoliator from Pixy it's the Pixy Moisturising Lime Body Scrub. I am amazed at this exfoliator it honestly removes any trace of tan and my skin feels so clean after. Half of the side of the product is scrub and is hard and grainy and the other half is quite soft and is more moisturising on the skin. Another bonus is it smells amazing and is super cheap so basically a summary is I have become addicted!


I haven't tried a lot of products from Pixy before but this Glowing Body Butter has become another favourite. Between this body butter and my Chocolate Whip my skin has been so moisturised. I really like this butter as it is that bit thicker where it is a body butter and I do find that it gives my skin such a nice glow. 


 Another favourite of mine recently is the Blank Canvas Airbrush blender sponge. I decided to try applying my foundation with this a few weeks ago and it has become my new favourite way to do my foundation. I used to use blender sponges to just blend my under eye concealer or the area around my nose but I have found when I apply my foundation with the blender sponge I have a really pretty glowy and dewy finish. The only con is that you use a lot more product than you would with a brush and it takes a bit longer to do but the results are so worth it. For the days that I can take my time in doing my make up or for nights out I have been loving this method.

One of my favourites this month has got to be Salcura Zeoderm Skin Repair Moisturiser. I tend to get eczema on my arms at times and although the moisturisers keep it from being inflamed they don't get rid of it completely and I found this is really helpful on those spots, they disappear after a couple of days of use. I am also having a few problems with dry skin patches on my face and once again 2-3 days of applying this onto the area it's needed the patch disappears. It is a very thick consistency and doesn't smell the greatest so I only apply it to the areas that need it, but I have gotten used to the smell now and you can't smell it when it's on your face just on your fingers whilst applying the cream.

I got the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani eye shadow palette for Christmas and since I got it it has been used for almost all of my nights out. I just love the shadows, they're so creamy and pigmented that I had to include it in my favourites. I did a full review on the palette previously which you can check out here:

My last favourites for February was this mascara combination. Don't get me wrong I still adore my Too Faced Better Than Sex but I have been seriously loving wearing the Essence Lash Princess Volume mascara and the Natural Collection Lengthen mascara together. They have changed the packaging of the Collection mascara but I'm pretty sure the formula is the same, these are such a good combination for everyday and the two of them put together are still less the 6 euro!

So that's it for my February Favourites, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment