Thursday 17 March 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday

This week's Beauty Thursday is dedicated to my most recent empties. My last empties post is from back in early December but as you know I like to wait till I have a good few empty products to show you guys so here they are.

I recently finished one of my favourite perfumes, the "Sex and the City" fragrance. I absolutely loved this scent and am so heartbroken it's all gone. I do have quite a lot of perfumes going at the moment but I do plan on picking it up at some stage, it's a great, sexy scent that is still wearable in the day time.


I have finished a bottle of the Redken "Blonde Idol" shampoo and I have already repurchased it. This is one of the few shampoos I can use with my prebonds in but I really like it so I think I will be sticking with this one.

One make up product which I used up was the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in "006." I featured it in one of my more recent favourites so I don't have much else to say, it's a great powder keeps the oil away and helps my make up stay on all day. I already have a back up so I've moved on to using that one.


I have two empty shower gels this month. One I have spoken about a million times, I've gone through quite a few bottles of this it's the Aveeno body wash and it's great at keeping my skin moisturized because I do have dry skin and I don't help matters by wearing a lot of tan. I do plan on repurchasing this, I just need to go into either a Chemist or I think Boots do it too to get it. The other shower gel I finished was the Radox shower gel in the "cherry blast" scent. I have used quite a few bottles of this over the years as well, this scent and the "coconut kiss" one are probably my favourite's out of the range as I just find that at random times of the day I can still catch the scent on my skin for a second. I have just bought the "Coconut Kiss" scent however in between finishing the last bottle I used up a body wash from SPA which I got in a gift set. This body wash I would not recommend, for a woman's wash it smelled like a man's one and the scent didn't last, plus the bottle lasted three showers.


I finished two make up removing type products recently. I used up a large bottle of the Miceller Water from Garnier, I love this stuff it's another item that I have gone through a couple of bottles of, thankfully when I purchased this one I purchased a second one so I have started using that one. I haven't found anything that removes my make up as easily as this stuff, I do like to either wash my face or cleanse afterwards just to make sure it's thoroughly clean however if I'm feeling particularly exhausted I have just used this a couple of times. I recently found this bottle of Rimmel Eye Make Up Remover and it only had a little bit left so I just decided to use what remained up before opening my other bottle of Miceller Water. I think I bought this in the days before Miceller Water and it was quite good at removing the eye make up but I found that after using the Miceller Water it's just not as impressive and it isn't as gentle on my eye's either.


On the exfoliating side I finished a bottle of the Cocoa Brown "Tough Stuff" exfoliator. I did feature this in my January favourite's so again I don't want to repeat myself too much but it does a great job at both prepping the skin for tan and removing the tan afterwards. That bottle had lasted surprisingly long and it's pretty and pink! I did get another bottle of the "Tough Stuff" in a gift set for Christmas so I do already have another bottle and I'm currently trying out another exfoliator as well which you will hear about soon!


I used up a packet of the Nivea Cleansing Wipes, seeing as these said they were "Cleansing Wipes" I did use them for when I came in after nights out or after really long days in college when I felt particularly tired and lazy and they did do a good job, I did find I needed two wipes to get it all off but they were nice. I have already repurchased my Water Wipes because they are just easier to find and you get more in a pack but the Nivea ones were quite nice and I tend not to be able to use a lot of Nivea products so that was great to know.


I also finished a bottle of the Batiste blonde dry shampoo. I love this stuff and I've gone through several bottles of this stuff. I do plan on repurchasing however I want to use up CoLab one first.


Another item that I finished recently was the E.L.F Make Up Remover pen. I bought this pen quite a while ago and seeing as E.L.F stopped shipping to Ireland I was trying to make it last as long as possible. These pens are great at removing mascara transfer or fixing winged eye liner and I seriously wish E.L.F still shipped here because now I'm lost without it. Anyway it has dried up and doesn't look or smell great so it's bin time.


I found this eyeshadow duo in my collection recently and decided to bin it. The cream side is almost gone but it took a lot of rubbing to get the swatches up and only showed up slightly on the eyes. They were both impossible to blend and very chalky so I'm just getting rid of them.


The last empty item of this empties post is a room diffuser from Wax Lyrical this was in the scent "red cherries." At first I thought it was very, very strong however, after a couple of days it was really nice and I've had it since December and it only finished up last week. After the first week of using the diffuser, it was no longer overpowering and had the prettiest sweet scent.

So that's is all the products I have gone through lately, I didn't realize how many of the same stuff I used up until I wrote this post. I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment