Thursday 9 June 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday


For this week's Beauty Thursday I have decided to do a mini lip swatch and review of the Makeup Academy MUA Intense Colour lip liner's. I have three of the shades to swatch for you although they have recently added more shades so there are now 10 to choose from altogether. Each lip liner cost £1 so they're super affordable and they have a nice pigment especially for the price!



The first shade I got was Caramel Nouget. This was a gorgeous nude brown shade that has been really in this past year and goes perfectly with any nude colour you have. It has a great colour pay off and glides on to the lips quite easily. It does feel dry on your lips but your lips don't look dry and cracked when it's on so I still find it comfortable to wear. I was also really impressed with the wear time on it, it lasted an entire night out and another time it lasted a day when I went out for lunch with a friend.



The second shade I purchased was Brooding Plum. It is a really nice berry/ plum pink and again was quite pigmented. It did look pinker than the packaging of the pencil, it appears darker on the pencil itself but it is still a pretty colour and will be worn perfectly under dark or berry coloured lips during Autumn/Winter. Be careful where you place it as it can be difficult to clean up where it is a deeper colour than nudes, it looks a bit glossier than the nude shade. Again it felt dry on my lips but was still comfortable and didn't look cracked or dry in appearance so I was happy.



The last shade I purchased was Red Drama. It appears more of a pink red when you swatch it on the had but on the lips it is a true bright red and is super pretty. Like the other two it is very pigmented and it is a bit more patchy than the other two  and it does feel dry on the lips but they appear fine so it doesn't bother me.


Overall I am delighted with these lip liners, they're such great quality and I can't believe they were only a pound each! Now they have added more shades I'm definitely going to be ordering more, the pigmentation is great and it's so handy that the lid on each pencil has it's own sharpener. The one thing downside to these lip liners is they can feel quite dry on the lips but I don't find them uncomfortable or anything and the fact that they don't make my lips look dry or cracked it really doesn't bother me. I would rate these 5/5 because honestly for the price you really can't go wrong and now that they've added more shades you should be covered for almost every lip colour!


You can purchase the MUA Intense Colour lip liner's here:

So that's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment