Thursday 29 January 2015

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday


Hey guys, so for this week's Beauty Thursday I figured would do a mini E.L.F haul and review for you guys. I just wanted to say I bought all of these products myself and as per usual this is my own opinion, also this was my first time buying from E.L.F and I honestly loved everything and it was all super cheap.

Stipple Brush

The first item I bought was their stipple brush, I have been using this for about two weeks now and I it has officially replaced my old brush. The brush cost £3.95 and I found that it lived up to the hype of creating a flawless airbrushed look when I applied my foundation. I have washed it twice and haven't notice it starting to shed yet which is a good sign, however my one complaint with the brush is I found I need to use more of my foundation because it's like the brush just absorbs it.

Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil

 The next item I bought was their shimmer eyeliner pencil in "Iconic Ivory" , I have been looking out for a white eyeliner for a while to see if they really do make your eyes look bigger. I applied it along my waterline. The pencil came with a sharpener in the lid which is quite handy. Although I liked it, it's not overly pigmented, I'm not 100% if it's just the the white is harder to see, I might try another colour and see if that one is more pigmented but at least with this shade I'm not overly impressed. The shimmer eyeliner pencil is £1 so I'm willing to try other shades.

Long Wear Lip Liner Pencil

I also purchased the long wear lip liner in the shade "Mauve" which cost £1.95. I lined my lips with this and it went on nice and smooth and lasted a good period, I was even able to eat and checked my lips after and the liner was still there. To check the durability of the liner I just applied that and a bit of gloss over it. My impressions of this liner is it's a great price and lasted well, I will definitely be buying more shades.


Lipstick


I bought two of their lipstick's which were £1.95 each, the orange shade is "captivating" and the pinker shade is "flirtatious." The orange lipstick was stiff to twist but the other one was fine so I think it might just be that one lipstick. I really liked these lipsticks they lasted well and were extremely pigmented while giving off a matte finish. I will definitely be buying more shades.


Studio Makeup Mist and Set

The last item I purchased was the elf Mist and Set make up setting spray. I have been using this every time I have done my makeup since I bought it and have fallen in love with it. For my day time make up the spray has done a great job at lasting all day and I've noticed a huge difference. I have also tried using it a couple times on night's out and I have found it pretty good at keeping my make up in place however I've read a few reviews where some people have had difficulty when it comes to nights out. The make up mist cost £3.95 and I've probably used it 10 times now and haven't even made a dent in the amount of spray left. One thing I do recommend is that when you spray, spray it a bit further away from your face because it comes out quite heavy.

That's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog and as I already said I purchased all of the items myself and these are all my own individual opinions.

If you would like to purchase anything from e.l.f you can do so here:

Xoxo


Sophie



2 comments:

  1. Elf products are all good! I use them too and they are very good quality! Great post!

    Senay x
    http://pretty-little-things-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Senay! I know I've only discovered them recently but I've become obsessed already.

      Xoxo

      Sophie

      Delete