Thursday 22 September 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday


This week's Beauty Thursday is dedicated to my review of the September Glossybox. First off the box design this month is gorgeous I love the red for a nice change and it's so sleek, and the box overall was probably my favourite in a long time, now that's out of the way let's get in to the products!


Rodial Smokey Eye Pen 

First up is this full size gel liner pen from Rodial worth £17. I was quite happy to receive another liner as a girl can never have too many black liners and I'm running low on my current pencil. I do like this pencil it's very pigmented, I do have liners that are more of an intense black but I can't wear those liners when I have contacts in but this was still quite pigmented and was compatible with my contacts.

The Organic Pharmacy Antioxident Lip Balm

We also received this full sized lip balm worth £12. You can use on its own or on top of lipstick. This smells so nice and felt super soft on the lips, I could smell the shea butter and I also thought I could smell and taste honey but I could be wrong. 

Vitamasques Hydro Face Mask

Another full size product was this Hydro Face Mask which apparently provides 120 hours of hydration worth £7.99. This is another one to add to the sheet mask trend but I'm quite excited to give it a go, my skin could use a bit of hydration.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

So as soon as I found out we were getting a sample of the Better Than Sex mascara I was super excited as it is one of my favourites! A full size is worth £19, I'm waiting to get through a couple mascaras to see if I like them as I have far too many in my collection at the moment (*spoiler alert: mascara collection post is coming soon!) before I open this one because I know if they're all terrible I can throw them away and I'll still have this baby. I did a full review of this mascara before which you can check it out here:

Catrice Volumizing Lip Booster

The last product this month was this full size Lip Booster gloss from Catrice 3.95. This claims to plump your lips while still nourishing them. Honestly I didn't see much of an effect, I could feel the mint, tingling feeling from the gloss but it wouldn't be strong enough for anyone who is nervous about that type of feeling. My lips looked super glossy and it was a pretty colour without being too pigmented but I don't think it had an overwhelming plump effect it was more they looked glossy but I still quite liked the product. 

The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal

Finally, we received a little bonus product of this sample sized charcoal mask. A full size is worth £15 and it's aim is to purify the skin so I assume it's going to remove all the toxins with the charcoal. I did this mask one day and applied the hydrating one the next night. I really liked how clean and healthy my skin looked after the mask though it did sting for a few minutes while it was on.

So the full size products alone brought the value of the box up to £41 and that's excluding all the sample sizes. If you want to subscribe to Glossybox, you can do so here:

So that's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment