Thursday 1 September 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday



This week's Beauty Thursday is dedicated to my review of the August Birchbox. This month we received a purple bag rather than the usual box overall, I was sadly disappointed in this month's "box."

Marcelle Waterproof eye liner 

One of the full sized products we received was this eye liner in the shade "Mulberry," I love receiving eye liners in beauty subscriptions because it opens me up to brands I wouldn't have known and I get to test if the liner suits me without buying it specifically. This full sized liner was worth £10.50 and although it didn't look it in the photo, it's a purple shade. The liner is really pigmented and and boy is it waterproof!

Anatomicals The Buff Stuff Citrus Body Scrub

Next we got a sample size of this body scrub from Anatomicals, a full size is worth £3.99. You massage into wet skin, then rinse away. I liked the grapefruit smell however, I wasn't fond of the scrub as it wasn't very effective.

Merci Handy Antibacterial Cleansing Gel

This was another full size worth £2.90 and was probably my favourite product this month, I've already popped it in my handbag for when I'm back in college. It has a black vanilla scent and oh my days, it smells incredible! I need a perfume in this scent. 

Parlour By Jeff Chastain Volumizing Lift Spray

Another sample size we received was this volumizing spray from Parlour, the full size is worth £17. I don't really have a problem with volume so I haven't tested it, I might try it for a night out to see if it does work but as I said I don't really need volumizing products. You spray onto partly dry roots and finish drying then style as usual.

The Hero Project Instant Moisture Boost 

A full size product this month was this moisturizer from Hyasoft worth £19. I did quite like the moisturizer, it smelled nice and didn't react with my sensitive skin, it also works well as a primer base. Apply a coin sized amount to the skin and allow to absorb for a few minutes.

Nude Perfect Cleanse Omega Cleansing Jelly

As a bonus product we received this sample pack of cleansing jelly from Nude. I used this with the cleansing brush I got in this month's Glossybox and they worked well together. The full size is worth £32.

If you want to subscribe to Birchbox, you can do so here: 

So that's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment