Thursday 8 September 2016

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday

This week's Beauty Thursday is dedicated to an empties/ products I've used up post. I've used quite a lot of products lately so let's get started!

There are 3 bottles of tan going bye bye this month. I didn't use up the bottle of Rockstar tan but I've had it for far longer than I would like to admit to and it's not the best tan I own so I thought it's time to go. I have however used up yet another bottle of the Cocoa Brown 1 hour tan in dark. This is my old reliable tan, I've gone through so many bottles of this I've lost count and I still have two back ups in my drawer. The last tan I've used up was this sample size of the St Tropez In Shower tan. I got this sample with a recent Boots order and it did one use, I remember liking this product so much more last Summer but I was kinda disappointed this time around. I'm glad I didn't have to spend the money on it this time around but I'm debating if I might give it another go.

I used up three shower products. I really enjoyed this Skin Conditioner sample size from Nivea in cocoa scent. I really liked it and if I see it I will definitely purchase the full size. I also used up a full size of the Radox Uplifted shower gel. I'm currently using a Dove shower but I will probably repurcase a Radox shower gel soon if my previous empties posts are anthing to go by. Lastly, I'm getting rid of the Spa to You Natural Konjac sponge, I got it in a recent Glossybox and the first use it was great and after that it was terrible. I

I finished two hair masks. I finished one of the Tresemme 60 second Treatment Shot. It doesn't do anything for your hair long time but I love how soft my hair feels after using one of these bad boys. I also used up an Aussie 3 Minute Miracle reconstructor mask sample. I really liked this mask and will probably repurchase once I get through a few of the masks I already have.

I didn't use up this Cowshed lotion from my recent subscription box but I am throwing it out because I just couldn't get past the scent. I also used a St Ives apricot gentle scrub this is a great one to use if you need to exfoliate your face as it's nice and gentle or if you have sensitive skin. It's not the best at removing tan but if you're exfoliating before applying tan or just exfoliating then it's great, I will definitely be repurchasing at some stage.

Three face based products have been completely worn out recentley. I finished a sample size of the Rimmel Matte BB cream in Ivory. This ivory shade is actually quite dark so I could only use it when I had tan on but I really liked using it so I think I will be repurchasing but I might wait until next Summer. I also got every last scraping in the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in fair, it looks like there is still some left but trust me I was scraping down the sides of the tube to get every last bit. I loved the concealer that much I repurchased it in the fair shade and the medium shade for when I have tan on. I also used up a Natural Collection Corrector Stick, this was a great colour corrector really worked on any redness I had and lasted a really long time. I have repurchased a second one already.

I am heartbroken to say I used up a packet of the No7 Beautiful Skin wipes. I discovered these a good few months back thanks to a friend and became so obsessed, I literally got home from her house and ordered a packet of my own. They remove your make up so easily and don't burn your eyes or skin, or make the skin feel dry after using them they're amazing. As it is bad to remove your make up with wipes I did reserve them for when I came in after nights out and was too tired to cleanse properly but I will definitely be repurchasing some stage soon!

So something I must confess that I have recently discovered about myself is, that I am a tanning mitt hoarder. I found 7 mitts in my drawer recently and I still found it hard to throw these three out. As soon as I have used a mitt a few times I tend to buy another mitt but due to the amounts of different tans that I use (instant or develop, mousse or liquid) I feel like I need to keep more than one even though I will only use the one. Anyway these three mitts were from Penney's/Primark I think, and they were the ones that could definitely do with being binned.

I have two eye based products for this week's post. The first is this Nicka K Absolute Perfecting eye shadow primer, that I have had for far too long, it still works great but the formula has kind of separated so it's time to go. I will definitely repurchase but I have two eye shadow primers I need to get through so I will be waiting to do so. The other product is this Natural Collection Lash Length mascara, I love this on my lower lashes, it's not great on the upper lashes unless it's used with another mascara.

I was going through my nail polish drawer recently and found this Kiss natural colour nail varnish was completely dried up, so it's time for the bin. The sad part is, I don't ever remember using this polish.

I am throwing away this E.L.F Stippling brush. I have read so many good reviews on this brush and don't get me wrong I adored the way it applied my foundation for a while but after a few washes it just wouldn't stop shedding, no one in the reviews have had this problem so I don't know if I got a faulty one but the more I tried to use it the more clumps that would shed and now just touching it hairs fall out. So because I wasn't reaching for it due to the shedding it's time to go!

The last item I have used up recently was this NYX Matte Finish Spray. I have two setting sprays which I am currently trying to get through but I absolutely adored this setting spray and would definitely repurchase again at some stage, I recommended it to several of my friends who are oily. I didn't think I would like the matte spray as I have dry skin but I just did my make up all glowy the way I normally did and this just made sure it stayed in place for the whole night or day whereas my friends it did actually keep them matte. I'm also impressed that this little bottle lasted a year!

So that's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment