Thursday 15 October 2015

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday


This week's Beauty Thursday is dedicated to my September favourites. This month I have lots of products to tell you about so let's get started!

First up, I have two contour related products for you. While I was on holiday I bought this Polvos De Sol deliplus colour. This is a gorgeous contour- highlight combo and I have been obsessed since I came home. I also recently bought this Blank Canvas F04 angled contour brush. This brush is unbelievably soft and applies the product so fabulous and really is great at buffing it out.


I have a skincare based product to tell you about also for once, it's the La Roche Posay Effacclar Duo.I targeted breakout corrector. I was suffering with skin problems lately and this has done a great job at squashing the breakouts. I apply it on the breakout for a couple of days and thankfully it heals right up! 

A little tool I'm dying over is my No7 Lift and Curve eye lash curler. This does a great job at curling my lashes and I love that I bought this months ago and because it came with extra pads I am still able to use it!

Since being back in college I have gone back to an old favourite, my Benefit Hello Flawless foundation. This foundation last great all day long and now that I'm in the Winter I want to bring as much moisture back into my skin as possible and this does a great job at doing just that. I had forgotten just how great this foundation is at lasting during those long, cold days in Winter.


So ages ago my mum bought (and finished) Lancome's Teint Visionnaire Perfecting foundation. The foundation came with a Precision Corrector concealer on top, and I had been tanning a lot lately so this concealer was a nice darker shade than my normal concealer so I was using that for the days I had tan on. This is a great full coverage concealer that covers up spots and it doesn't budge!

So I forgot to keep the empty bottle of my Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze to get a photo for my favourites this month but, it's definitely on the list! I have been living on this and the 1 hour dark tan also from Cocoa Brown but seeing as this has been a somewhat new product for me I figured it was worth a mention this month because I'm in love. It's a great gradual tan if you want a nice natural tan, I still used the 1 hour tan for nights out purely because it is that bit darker but, I loved how natural this tan looked day to day.

Another item I have been loving is the Invisbobble that I got with my Glossybox. Ever since I got them in my Glossybox last month, Every time I have tied my hair up since getting them I have used the Invisbobble over everything else, they're super comfortable!

I have two hair care related items for you this month. The first item is the Got2B Guardian Angel heat protection.This spray protects up to 220 degrees and I have been using it for a few weeks now and I haven't even made a dent! It does a great job at protecting my hair especially with all the blow drying and straightening/curling I do and I LOVE the smell of the product too, I definitely find my hair is nowhere near as frizzy after blow drying. The other item is also from Got2B Tame and Shine Styling Oil which also has argon oil. This little bottle has also been lasting well I bought this the same time as the heat protector, and as you can see I haven't used much of it either! Once I towel dry my hair, I apply the heat protection, brush trough my hair and then apply 3 pumps into my hand which I then rub into my hair. The smell of the two products are amazing, they remind me of one of the Hollister spray's, only better because my hair smells like it. My hair is ridiculously soft after blow drying when I use the oil, I don't know how I survived before!

I have discovered a new eye liner, when I finished my last two eye liners I decided I needed to give a new one ago. I have to say I'm really liking the Rimmel London Scandaleyes thick and thin liner, I don't think it quite beats my Benefit Push Up liner but for a drug store brand it's SO GOOD! It lasts all day which is great for a long day at college.


The last item I have to talk about is actually one I have had for an incredibly long time but I had literally used it twice until last month. I needed a handy small palette to fit into my everyday make up storage and this trio was perfect. The Bourjois Smokey eye's trio in the brown shades is a perfect solution to an easy every day smokey eye, I've literally used this every day for college because it's so easy and pigmented. (There will be a tutorial coming soon on my everyday college make up in the next couple of weeks.)


So that's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment