Thursday 29 October 2015

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday




This week's Beauty Thursday is dedicated to my review of the October Glossybox. I must say once again Glossybox have made up for the last few months because I was over the moon with this month's box!

Nicka K Airbrush FX Blending Sponge

The first item in this month's box was the Nicka K Airbrush FX sponge. I was really excited because ever since I tried the Real Techniques one I've become obsessed with them, this was obviously a full sized product and was worth £6.50. You run the sponge under warm water then squeeze the excess off to use. I found with this sponge no matter how much I ran it under the tap it wouldn't become softer and it didn't expand like other sponges do. I also found it got filthy straight away, because it was so hard I couldn't really use it all for blending to be honest so this was the one item in the box that was sadly disappointing. If you hope to have better look with this sponge, you can purchase one here:

Jelly Pong Pong Play Paint

Next up in the box was another full size product from Jelly Pong Pong and it was worth £8.95. This you can use on your lips or as a cheek tint, now when I say it is super pigmented I mean it is UNBELIEVABLY pigmented. I would say if you were putting it on your cheeks use the quarter or a pea-size and blend, blend, blend. I absolutely loved this on my lips, it dried instantly and was just such a beautiful colour. I got many compliments when I wore it and I was so impressed that I was able to eat and drink and it didn't budge! It literally only began to fade after a few hours, this has become hands down one of my new holy grail products! You can purchase the Jelly Pong Pong Play Paint here:


Talika Photo-Hydrea Day

So this month's box was a box full of full size because we also received this moisturizer worth £24.85. I quite liked the moisturizer, it felt super hydrating and soothing and didn't react to my sensitive skin so yay for me! I personally think £24.85 is a bit much for this size of product but a little goes a long way so it will probably last a good while!

Lanolips Lemonaid Lip Aid

We got another lip based product as well this month. This full size was worth £8.99 and oh my days I love the smell of this. I have literally been applying it to my lips all the time and I will be putting it in my handbag to bring to college and out and about with me. This is available in Boots but I can't find a link online.

So Susan Haute Light Highlighting Pencil


So the last item in this month's box was a full sized highlighting pencil from So Susan and it was worth £15. I have used this to line my waterline to make myself look more awake (pictured above) and absolutely loved it. I also quite liked it for a brow bone highlight but I wouldn't recommend it as a cheek bone highlight, it's super pretty and gives off such a nice highlight but it is difficult to blend on the cheeks. The pencil is super creamy and soft though so it's gentle to use on your eye. If you wish to purchase this item, you can do so here:

If you wish to subscribe to Glossybox, you can do so here:


That's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment