Thursday 23 April 2015

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday


So for this week's Beauty Thursday I thought I would do a tutorial for the dark smokey eye that I wore to my college ball a few week's ago.

To begin, I did my usual foundation routine which you can check out here: which includes contouring and filling in my brows. I then primed my eyes using Absolute Perfecting primer.

To start my eye's I swept the shade "darkhorse" all over my lids from my Naked palette.

I then blended the shade "gunmetal" also from Naked palette into the crease/

Next I placed a piece of tape diagonally from the bottom of my brow to create a cat eye smokey eye. Once the tape was on I blended "blackout" from my Naked 2 palette into the outer crease.

Using a pencil brush I applied "gunmetal" again under my eye along the water line.

I then swept "blackout" again under my eye along the water line on top of "gunmetal" and drag it out slightly to make the cat shape.

To finish my eye shadow I swept my "50 shades of grey" eyeshadow from my February Glossybox under my eyes.


Next I lined my eye's with black eyeliner. I used my kohl MeMeMe eyeliner pencil.

To complete my eyeliner I traced the line of the tap with Benefit's push up liner.

I then removed the tape and tidied up the eyes and applied my Benefit They're Real! mascara. On the night of the ball I did then wear fake lashes however, I'm terrible at applying lashes so only really wear them when my friends are around to apply them for me.

To complete my look I lined my lips and apply my Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish lipstick in the shade 16.

Completed Look:


Products Used:










That's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie


Follow me on twitter: @SKavanaghStyle
Follow me on Google Plus: Sophie Kavanagh

No comments:

Post a Comment