Monday 8 September 2014

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps


Over the past while I have heard great things about Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps so I was really excited to be fortunate to get sent some samples to try out and do an honest review for you guys. Dr. Bronner was created by Emanuel Bronner who brought his soap to America in 1948. They're the number 1 selling soap brand in America because of their natural ingredients and multiple purposes. The soap is cruelty free, vegan and even Fair Trade!

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap is said to have 18 different uses, I received a sheet with all of them and they were; massage oil, acne fighter, mouthwash anti-frizz serum, shower reading, pet shampoo, make up brush cleaner, on- the - go cleaner, car wash, house cleaning, toothpaste, shaving, deodorant, allergy free soap, hand sanitizer, shampoo, soul cleaner and delicate clothes cleaner. I didn't try every single use because there were so many but I tried a good few and I even had James volunteering to help me.

- Shipping: everything came in perfect condition and nothing had spilled which I was quite relieved about.


 - Prices: Depending on the size of the bottle the prices range from $3 to $33. The smallest size which is 2oz costs $3.19 and the biggest size which is half of a gallon costs $33.49.

Here are the items I received:

Peppermint Castille Liquid Soap

The was a 2oz bottle, out of the three soaps this one was definitely my favourite (and James') 

Pros:
- We both LOVED the smell of the peppermint and you didn't need to use a whole lot to get the smell. 
-I used this one for massage soap and massage oil and both were so relaxing. I actually had a sinus headache at the time and the strong smell of the peppermint cleared them (new use.)
- I also tried it as a hand sanitizer and when I first put it on my hands it did feel like soap but once I rubbed it in it felt fine.

Cons:
-James tried it as a mouthwash and said it was very soapy, so I wouldn't personally try it as a mouthwash or a toothpaste.
- The "shower reading" I wear glasses or contacts so I can't really read in the shower but  when I tried to read the bottle the amount of writing was a little overwhelming.

Hemp- Rose Castille Soap

I was also sent the 8oz bottle of 
Both James and I found the smell of this one strange ( James only smelt it in the bottle.) One part of the smell was really nice, and then the other part wasn't nice. It was like each nostril smelt different things. 

Pros:
-I used this Quite a lot of lather but it didn't effect my dry skin.
- I really liked how clean I felt afterwards.
-My makeup brushes were really clean after using this
Cons:
-It took several rinses to fully wash out the product so it wasn't stuck in the bristles from my make up brushes.

"Hemp and Tea Tree" Pure Castille Soap

This was another 2oz bottle, I couldn't really smell anything off of this soap.
Pros: 
I used this soap to clean my sink and shower and it worked perfectly.
- I also gave it to my friend to try to wash her car (I don't have one) and she really liked it and said it left her car really clean.
- I used it as a normal hand soap and it was quite good my hands felt very clean.

Cons:
- I tried washing my hair with it and I didn't totally love the feeling it left my hair with so I ended up washing it again with my normal shampoo and conditioner.

Dr. Bronner's Magic All- One Organic Lip Balm in an "Orange and Ginger"


Pros:
-This was my FAVOURITE product, normally I'm not that fond of ginger but I really like this!
- It was really good at moisturizing my lips, I've been using it for almost two weeks and I haven't had any chapped or dry lips.
-It goes on so nice and smooth that you could just keep going back and forth with the tube along your lips.
- I didn't need to constantly reapply like some lip balms.
-The price is quite affordable as well.
-I can't wait for Winter just so I can beat the cold weather (well colder weather) and not have chapped lips.

Cons:
- I didn't have any for this product.

Final Thoughts:

So I didn't really try all of the uses for the soaps because there were so many but a lot of them seemed to be quite good. I would recommend buying these soaps because they're quite affordable and it seems as though if one use doesn't suit you another one will, you will always find a use for these soaps that will work for you. I also LOVE the lip balm and for definite recommend it.

If you want to purchase any of Dr. Bronner's products you can do so here:

That's all for today, I hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment