Thursday 21 August 2014

Beauty Thursday

Beauty Thursday


For this week's Beauty Thursday I decided to show you guys how to recreate the look that I used for my parents 25th Wedding Anniversary. I had a navy smokey eye because I wore a navy blue dress and a light pink lip.


To begin my look I applied my base, once I had moisturized I applied Benefit Cosmetics "Porefessional" balm over my t-zone, once my face was prepared I moved onto my foundation; I used Rimmel London "Wake Me Up" foundation this foundation is great for nights out because it is darker than my normal foundation tone. I also applied more foundation than I would for daytime use just to make sure it lasted the whole night.

Once my foundation was done I dabbed on some Jazooli concealer under my eyes and along the sides of my nose and blended it. After the concealer was applied, I brushed Rimmel "Stay Matte" powder all over my face. Next, it was time to contour, for contouring I used the Body Collection's bronzing powder and number 7 "Perfectly Bronzed Mosiac" bronzer. I sucked in my cheeks and swept the BC bronzer over my cheek bones, under both sides of my chin and then just above the corner of each brow. I repeated this with the number 7 bronzer.



The next step was to fill in my brows, I used Wet 'n' Wild's "Ultimate Brow" kit and I applied my eyeshadow primer. I used the eyeshadow primer Absolute New York Perfecting eye shadow primer which I had received in last months Glossybox. 


Now it's time to start the eye make up (just a warning the eye make up looks a little strange until it is completely finished but when it is done it looks amazing!) To begin, I swept a light blue shadow all over my lid without taking it past the crease of the eye. For this look I am using Lancome "Hypnose Drama Eyes" five coloured palette and it's the navy and blue shades called "Bain De Minuit."

Next I am used the lighter of the navy blue colours from the Lancome palette. Instead of sweeping the shadow across my lid, I padded the shadow onto the lid, keeping it below the crease. Using the same brush I pulled the eyeshadow upwards to the crease of the eye just to get rid of the harsh line.


Once the navy part of the eye lid was complete I wanted to add some browns to blend out the look and so I didn't look like I had been given a black eye. For this step I used my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. I will be using "Snakebite" and "Suspect," first I am using "Suspect" and will be sweeping that shade directly on top of the crease of my eye and blending it into the harsh line on the inner lid. Then I applied "Snakebite" directly into the crease of my eye until it is really really blended.

The next thing to do is to get a really thin brush and run "Snakebite" under the bottom lashes. This creates a base for the other colours that will go there so it doesn't look too harsh.

Taking the Naked 2 palette back out, I used the shade "Blackout." Using an angled brush, I ran the shade really close to the waterline.

I then went back to the navy blue and with the same brush as the previous step I patted the navy eyeshadow into the waterline. Also, using a navy eye liner pencil, I lined my eyes. Using "Snakebite" again I blended out the look. Taking the angle brush back out a patted "Blackout" onto the outer V of the eye just to bring the focus back to the navy.


I then wanted to clean the look up, so I grabbed my baby wipe and wrapped it around my finger. I then swept the fallout and cleaned up the bottom a bit. To complete the clean up, I placed the wipe at the outer corner of the eye and swept upward toward the brow to get a cat angled shape.




For my highlight I used "Bootycall" from my trusty Naked 2 palette. I swept the colour along my brow line and to my tear duct. I also applied my mascara, the mascara I used was Benefit "They're Real" mascara.



Just to give the look that bit more volume I applied Cheryl from Girls Aloud fake eyelashes.

Lastly, it was time for lipstick. I used Max Factor "English Rose" lipstick.

Completed:

Products I used:





Jazooli 15 shades concealer palette







That's it for this week's Beauty Thursday, hope you enjoyed today's blog!

Xoxo

Sophie


No comments:

Post a Comment